Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 6, 2011

OMG Mac and Cheese

I think part of my cooking rut has been my weird appetite lately (no I'm not pregnant, this is always my mom's 1st question if you ever say you feel weird). All I want to eat is cheese, pasta and eggs. So I have decided to just cook through by cooking block and make what sounds good. Plus, the weather is calling for snow so we need some oooey-gooey comfort food.

OMG Mac and Cheese
1 lb elbow or small shells pasta
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz gruyere cheese, grated
8 oz parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 stick salted butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp flour
fresh cracked pepper to taste
dash of fresh nutmeg
a little more cheese for topping
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs

Boil pasta according to al dente, drain and set aside. In same pot that you boiled pasta melt butter on low, add flour and mix until smooth, add buttermilk, cheese, pepper and nutmeg. Cook on low until incorporated and smooth. Toss cooked pasta into cheese sauce, stir to combine. Butter casserole dish, pour pasta in dish. Top with extra grated cheese. Top cheese with panko. Bake for 30 minutes on 350.

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! The title says it all, that sounds delish...will have to try!

    ReplyDelete