Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I am ashamed that it has been TWO weeks since I have posted. Christmas really got the best of me this year and all of my culinary creativity and inspiration has been tied up in other things.  I just put up all of the decorations and I am watching Julie & Julia for a little motivation/inspiration. I made black eyed peas yesterday and picked kale (instead of collards) from the garden to have luck and money this year. However we didn't eat it. We had leftover pizza and the kids had cereal for dinner. You know how they say that what you do on the first day of the year is what you will be doing the rest of the year-What is the rest of my year going to be like?!

Oh well. One of my resolutions is to give up useless worry. The others are to be more organized and to exercise. I have some aspirations for my blogging life as well. I plan to be more consistent with my posts, take better/more pictures and write more recipes. When I cook I mostly freestyle- just start cooking with a loose plan. However, this year I am writing recipes so that when I offer to guest blog on another food blog (as I have done and cannot think of a single recipe-ugh) I can whip out a fabulous recipe with out stress or worry (remember-giving up useless worry).

Julie is learning to poach an egg and now I am making big plans for the duck eggs I bought this week. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment