Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 8, 2010

Meatless Monday: Meatless Meatballs

Many, many, many years ago I was given this recipe by one of my vegetarian co-workers. She would bring this dish anytime we had a pot luck lunch. Actually, I sort of begged, possibly threatened, maybe forced her to make these delicious nuggets. I recently found the piece of paper that she wrote the recipe on and it is a sight. Very wrinkled, worn and stained- a sign that it is a great recipe.

Meatless Meatballs
1 cup crushed walnuts
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup crushed wheat crackers
1 small onion, finely diced
3 eggs or 6 egg whites
Combine ingredients in bowl, roll into balls, put on cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350.

Sauce:
1 oz grape jelly (I think I have done a bit more to taste)
1 jar Heinz Chili sauce (doesn't have to be Heinz but this is what she wrote)
Heat ingredients in small pan, pour over balls and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I need these pronto! I love love love those things! I remember when we worked there and there was ever an event we would request those!!!! Please make for Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog

    ReplyDelete