Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, August 6, 2010

Re-grow Green Onions


Did you know that after you use the green and most of the white part of a green onion you can re-grow it? I learned this from the cookbook The Frugal Foodie Cookbook by Lara Starr. If you stick that little bit with the roots on it in a little water it will grow to give you more green onion. So cool, right? I sent Lara a message on Facebook and asked her if she could figure out a way to re-grow cheese or wine then we would be in business (I know I can DIY wine and cheese but not this easily).

BTW the picture is of some green onions that are currently working their magic in a shot glass on my kitchen sink. See the tiny green spot- that is my little green onion growing.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! THat is so cool! I didn't know that, and I just happened to get some green onion from my Farm CSA yesterday! Totally gonna try this. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! and thanks for the shoutout! x tightwad

    ReplyDelete