Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Korean Melon- Chameh


We have been out of town a lot this summer and out garden has gone a little crazy. We have had a lot of volunteer plants that have come up from our compost that might normally have been thought to be a weed if we were dilligently pulling weeds. But they have gone wild. We have cantelope and some other thing that I thought was a cucumber gone wrong. I had planned to pull this plant up that has taken over the soy beans and green beans. Luckily my husband's friend came over and said that it looked like a melon he saw at the Korean market. My husband remembered that last year he bought a melon at the Korean market and had composted the seeds and rind. So mystery solved and we have a surprise treat. Last night I thought it was a nuisance and today I am excited that it decided to sprout and make so many yummy melons.

P.S. Tomorrow I will be a guest blogger at Tightwad. Come on over and see what I have to say. Also, Tightwad will be guest blogging here. Very exciting- I love her blog and I know you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment